Hello, My name is Kasia and I started taking analog photographs just over a year ago. Even if so short, that year brought some new incredible experience into my life. I have travelled the world, my sister got married, I led a life of a student, taking each opportunity to explore. I photograph things and people I love. Whether it's a new cafe opening in my city, meeting someone inspiring or going for a trip with my friends.
|5 things I love in film photography|
1. Light depiction. You will be amazed at how your camera reacts to light. Film photography possesses this incredible depth that digital lacks. And from time to time, your photograph gets this amazing lightleak, that completely turns your concept around.
2. You never know what you're going to get. Analog is exciting. Sometimes it takes days between taking the shot and developing the film. There is a variety of films available with so many different effects. And how those effects (chemicals) react with the world around you, stays a mistery until you get the film developed.
3. Focusing is way more intuitive. I was never able to produce such depth in my photographs with digital cameras. Find a good lens - and you will get some fantastic bokeh in the background. My personal favourite M42 lens is Helios 44-2.
4. Satisfaction when you get it right. To produce a sharp analog photograph, lots of factors must click together. You're not just clicking the shutter. You're setting the ISO manually, you're focusing. You need to check the lightning conditions and take those into consideration. You are way more responsible for the photograph you are taking, and this is truly beautiful.
5. Preserving memories in the most remarkable way. My friends say that they are glad I found my hobby in photography, because of it we're going to have our days documented and one day we will be able to look back at everything that happened to us, when we were young and restless and lived to the fullest.
Analog has many sides, and is able to bring joy into my life during the darkest of days.
If you're curious where my analog camera & I went during this previous year, please visit dippedinrococo.blogspot.com, which is my special place on the internet, where I share my stories. I also have a bloglovin account & you can find me on Instagram at "cadds" :)
Thank you for having me here today, Alyssa! And hopefully see you all soon at Dipped in Rococo.